Electrical or Fiber-Optic Interface
Embedded Paralleling Capability
2SP0320 is specifically targeted at PrimePACKTM IGBT modules. As a member of the CONCEPT plug-and-play driver family, it satisfies industry’s requirements for optimized electrical performance and noise immunity.
The highly integrated SCALE-2 chipset reduces component count by 80% compared to conventional solutions, thus significantly increasing reliability and reducing costs.
The use of SCALE-2 technology also means that 2SP0320 devices are complete two-channel IGBT drivers equipped with DC/DC converters, short-circuit protection, Advanced Active Clamping and supply-voltage monitoring.
Users need only solder them onto the corresponding IGBT module. The system can then be put into immediate operation with no further development or matching engineering effort. This enables short design cycles to be realised without compromising overall system efficiency.
The embedded paralleling capability allows simple inverter design for higher power ratings.
Specifically adapted drivers are available for all IGBT module types. All drivers are available with electrical and fiber-optic interfaces.
The 2SP0320 driver series is available with one electrical and various fiber-optic interfaces.
Electrical Interface: 2SP0320T
The DIC20 electrical interface is very simple and easy to use.The driver has the following terminals:
- Power supply and GND terminals
- 2 x drive signal inputs
- 2 x status outputs (failure returns)
- 1 x mode selection (half-bridge mode / direct mode)
- 1 x input to set the blocking time
All inputs are ESD-protected and all digital inputs have Schmitt-trigger characteristics.
Fiber-Optic Interfaces: 2SP0320V and 2SP0320S
Fiber-optic links are used for the electrical insulation of the command and status-feedback signals. Two versions are available:
- 2SP0320V equipped with Versatile links
- 2SP0320S equipped with ST links
For details, check the product documentation.
Driving Parallel-Connected IGBTs
The driver allows direct parallel connection of any number of PrimePACK modules with individual drivers. This new, pioneering concept makes it practical for the first time to build a converter series with discrete modules as well as parallel-connected IGBTs without any additional development effort.
- Blocking voltages up to 1700V
- Very short delay time of <120ns
- Small jitter of +/-2ns
- Electrical (3.3V...15V logic level) or fiber-optic interfaces
- Small jitter of +/-2ns (electr. interface)
- +15V (regulated)/-10V gate driving
- Embedded paralleling capability
- 2-level and multilevel topologies
- IGBT short-circuit protection
- Advanced Active Clamping
- Isolated DC/DC converter
- Supply under-voltage lockout
- Safe isolation to EN50178
- UL compliant
- Superior EMC
- Reliable, long service life